Chopped and Grilled Summer Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 (10 1/2 oz) container cherry tomatoes
- 1 small sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces zucchini
- 1 ribs removed, sliced into quarters red bell pepper
- 1 sliced banana pepper
- 1/2 medium sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- to taste kosher salt
- freshly ground, to taste black pepper
- 3 handfuls spinach
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Add the tomatoes, zucchini, onions and red and yellow bell peppers to a large grill pan and drizzle liberally with the olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Grill for about 5 minutes per side, or until nicely charred.
Remove the roasted vegetables to a cutting board and rest until cool enough to handle. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
Add the chopped vegetables, spinach, basil and parsley to a large bowl. Drizzle with the balsamic and a little olive oil, season with some salt and pepper and toss it all together.