Chocolate Pork Roast Sliders
By Paula Deen
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole white peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 4 lb Boston butt pork roast
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
In a small skillet, combine the coriander seeds and peppercorns. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and toasted, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool. In a coffee grinder, process the spices until finely ground.
In a small bowl, combine the peppercorn mixture, salt, ancho chile pepper, cinnamon and cocoa. Rub the spice mixture evenly over the pork roast.
In a Dutch oven, combine the beef stock and onions. Add the roast to the Dutch oven. Cover and bake until very tender, about 3 hours.
Using two forks, shred the roast. Serve on buns with pickle spears if desired.