By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup chopped lightly toasted pecans
- 3 (3 1/2 oz) packages regular or sugar free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (18 1/2 oz) package devil's food chocolate cake mix
- chocolate syrup for garnish
Prepare the cake mix and bake in a 13 by 9-inch pan according to package directions. Let cool thoroughly, then cut into cubes about the size of a walnut.
Prepare the chocolate pudding according to package directions.
In a medium bowl, whip the cream with the sugar until stiff.
To assemble: In a trifle bowl, layer half the chocolate cake cubes, pudding, whipped cream, chocolate sauce or syrup and nuts. Repeat, layering the remaining ingredients, ending with whipped cream and nuts. Drizzle decoratively with chocolate sauce or syrup.