Chili-Cheese Corn Muffins
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Paula Deen Celebrates
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1¾ cups self-rising yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup (¼ pound) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup seeded and chopped poblano pepper
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Spray muffin tins with vegetable oil cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, cheese, and poblano pepper. Make a well in the center of the mixture. In a small bowl, combine the milk, butter, and eggs. Add the web ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once, stirring with a spoon just until moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about three-quarters full. Bake for 20 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned and set.