Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
Recipe from Cooking with Paula Deen magazine.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 (25-ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, torn
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 21 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- fresh basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
In bottom of prepared pan, spread 1½ cups pasta sauce.
In a large bowl, stir together ricotta, chicken, spinach, 1½ cups mozzarella, egg, basil, garlic salt, and pepper until combined. Divide mixture among pasta shells; place in sauce in pan. Pour remaining sauce onto shells. Cover with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle Parmesan, bread crumbs, and remaining ½ cup mozzarella onto shells. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with basil, if desired.