Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1/3 cup butter
- 6 cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups crushed sour cream and onion chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon or juice from 1/2 lemon lemon juice
- to taste horseradish
- 2 tablespoons (more or less as needed) orange juice
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Spread the crushed potato chips in a shallow dish. Beat together the egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken cubes into the egg mixture and then dredge them in the chips. Place the chicken nuggets on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. The chicken nuggets can be frozen after baking. Serve with your favorite sauce, such as honey mustard or ranch dressing.
Combine mayonnaise, honey, mustard, lemon juice and horseradish (if using); stir well. Thin to pouring consistency for dressing or dipping consistency for dips with orange juice. Cover and chill for 2 or 3 hours.