Chicken Enchilada Casserole
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 (25-ounce) package large flour tortillas, quartered
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, divided
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- chopped green onion, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In prepared pan, layer one-third of tortillas.
In a large bowl, stir together soup, sour cream, chiles, 1½ cups cheese, green onion, salt, cumin, and pepper. Reserve 1 cup soup mixture. Stir chicken into remaining soup mixture. Stir chicken into remaining soup mixture. Stir chicken into remaining soup mixture. Spread half of chicken mixture onto tortillas in pan. Layer with another one-third of tortillas; top with remaining chicken mixture and remaining tortillas. Spread reserved 1 cup soup mixture on top of tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 35 minutes. Garnish with green onion, if desired.