Chicken Croquettes with Creole Sauce
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 tablespoons divided butter
- 1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup minced celery
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large lightly beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
In a small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the red bell pepper, celery, and onions and cook until tender, 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, panko, and red bell pepper mixture. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, eggs, 2 tablespoons mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt. Add to the chicken mixture, tossing gently to combine. Form the mixture into 10 patties. In a large skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Cook the chicken cakes until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with Creole Sauce.
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and chill.