Chicken Caesar Pita Pizza
By Paula Deen
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 rinsed and patted dry, minced, optional anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 dashes Tabasco) hot sauce (recommended
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 8-ounce package white pita bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups shredded fontina
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 chopped roma tomatoes
- leftover chicken
For the dressing: Put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
For the pita: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
Place the pitas on the prepared baking sheets. Brush each pita evenly with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes. Top each evenly with fontina. Bake until the cheese is melted and the pita is lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
In a medium bowl, toss the lettuce with Caesar dressing. Top each pita pizza with desired amount of salad, tomatoes, and chicken.