Brussels Sprouts and Chicken Salad
By Bobby DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 40 minutes
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño
- ½ cup grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup coarsely chopped shallots
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, jalapeño, ginger, and salt; whisk in sesame oil in a slow steady stream. Stir in Brussels sprouts, chicken, green onion, and carrots. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a small skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shallot; cook until edges are golden brown, about 1½ minutes. Remove using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels. Sprinkle onto salad just before serving.