Blue Cheese and Bacon Broiled Tomatoes
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 sleeve crushed round buttery crackers
- 1 (5 oz) container crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 lb cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 stick melted butter
- 3 large cut in half crosswise tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 500 °F. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, blue cheese, bacon and green onions. Add the butter, stirring to mix well. Place the tomatoes, cut sides up, on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the tomato halves evenly with the salt and pepper. Divide the cracker mixture evenly among the tomato halves. Broil 5 inches from the heat with the oven door cracked open until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes.