Blackberry and Peach Cobbler
By Deen BrothersJUMP TO RECIPE
- 4 cups pitted and sliced peaches about 2 pounds
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Vanilla ice cream optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan or casserole dish; set aside.
In a bowl, toss together the peaches, blackberries, granulated sugar, and cornstarch; set aside. In a second bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the cream until just combined.
Spread the fruit mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Drop the biscuit batter by spoonfuls on top of the fruit. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with ice cream.