Paula Deen Cuts the Fat Better Burgers
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 7 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 white or whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 6 tomato slices, for serving
- 6 lettuce leaves, for serving
In a large bowl, combine the beef, oil, Worcestershire sauce, minced onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Form into 6 patties.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the burgers to the pan and cook, turning once, until the burgers reach the doneness you like, about 7 minutes for medium- rare.
Sandwich the burgers inside the buns with the tomato and lettuce. And don’t forget to pass the ketchup and mustard!