All-New Macaroni Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Paula Deen Cuts the Fat
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 carrots, grated
- ¾ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ½ cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- ¾ cup regular or light mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well and rinse with cold water until the pasta is no longer warm.
In a large bowl, combine the carrots, radishes, olives, parsley, and scallions.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooled pasta to the vegetables and toss. Pour in the dressing and toss until combined. Serve at room temperature or cold.