Asparagus & Pea Casserole
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups fresh or thawed peas
- 3 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
In a prepared pan, place asparagus. Spread half of soup onto asparagus. Spread half of soup onto asparagus, and sprinkle with half of cheese. Top with peas and eggs; spread remaining soup on top, and sprinkle with remaining cheese; sprinkle with pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together crushed crackers and melted butter; sprinkle onto casserole.
Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.