Air Fryer Sweet Potato Sausage Balls
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
Recipe from Cooking with Paula Deen magazine.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups plain yellow cornmeal
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1½ pounds mild pork sausage
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potato purée
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- pepper jelly, to serve
If preheating is recommended by your air fryer manual, preheat fryer to 375˚F.
In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and jalapeño; cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
In a large, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and red pepper. Stir in shallot mixture, sausage, sweet potato, cream cheese, and Cheddar until well combined. Shape mixture into 1½-inch balls.
Working in batches, add sausage balls to air fryer basket. (Refrigerate remaining sausage balls until ready to cook.) Set temperature to 375˚F, and cook until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 160˚F, about 10 minutes. Serve with pepper jelly.