4 Cheese Souffle
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 diced onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded muenster cheese
- 5 separated eggs
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Sauté onion in butter until translucent. Whisk in flour to form a roux. Gradually whisk in milk until thickened. Add cheeses and season. Remove from heat and beat in yolks. Allow to cool.
While egg yolks are cooling, beat whites to stiff peak. Gently fold in whites to cheese mixture. Add to buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.