I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream, y’all! With the hottest part of summer upon us, I just had to share some of my favorite creamy cold ice cream recipes, tips and fun facts. So grab a big ol’ spoon and get to dippin’!
- Of all the days of the week, most ice cream is bought on Sunday!
- Kids aged 2-12 and adults over 45 eat the most ice cream!
- Vanilla, chocolate, butter pecan, strawberry, and mint chocolate chip are the most popular ice cream flavors!
- Chocolate syrup is the most popular ice cream topping!
- 5% of ice cream eaters share their ice cream with their pet!
- It takes 12 pounds of milk to make 1 gallon of ice cream!
- It takes about 50 licks to lick away one scoop of ice cream!
- When buying ice cream, don’t buy a sticky container. The ice cream was probably defrosted and refrozen.
- To keep opened cartons of ice cream from forming ice crystals, place a piece of plastic wrap right on the surface of the ice cream, making it as airtight as possible. Close the carton well and return to the freezer.
- To soften very hard ice cream, microwave on 30% power for 20 to 30 seconds. The time varies with fat content, so check after 20 seconds.
- When making homemade ice cream in a machine using rock salt and ice, use a ratio of about 1 cup of salt to 6 cups of ice.
- Serve ice cream from a carton in slices instead of scoops. An electric knife works well, y’all!
- Freeze newly made ice cream for about 4 hours before serving. This is also known as “ripening.”
- Make your own custom ice cream flavor, like my Oreo Ice Cream. Soften the ice cream just enough to enable you to stir in chopped nuts, candy pieces, miniature marshmallows, or brownie or cookie pieces. Return to the freezer until firm.
- Air is an important ingredient in ice cream – it keeps the ice cream from freezing solid!
- Everybody has a nerve center located on the roof of his or her mouth. When something cold touches this spot, people get the sensation known as an ICE CREAM HEADACHE OR BRAIN FREEZE!
Favorite Frosty Treats:
Vanilla Ice Cream
Double Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream
It’s Not Your Mamma’s Banana Pudding Ice Cream
Peach Ice Cream
Fried Ice Cream
Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream Dessert
Easy Homemade Oreo Ice Cream
Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Sandwiches
Have an ice cream trick, recipe or tip in your cone? Leave me a comment so everyone can learn!