Warm Apple and Goat Cheese Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Belgian endives, cored and separated into leaves
- 1 bunch watercress or spinach, washed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 4-oz small log of mild goat cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Using a glass jar with a tight lid, combine the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, and shake well to blend. Add the oil and parsley and shake.
On four plates, arrange the endive leaves like spokes around each plate. Arrange the watercress or spinach in the center. Preheat the broiler, and arrange the sliced apples slightly overlapping in 4 fan shapes, place in broiler pan. Cut the cheese into 4 slices and top each apple fan with slices of cheese. Broil until golden for approximately 5 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully place the apple slices and cheese on top of the endive. Drizzle the dressing over the salads and sprinkle with walnuts.