Confetti Chicken Salad
By Paula Deen
- 1 cooked, and meat picked off the bone rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 any color, diced small bell pepper
- 1 lb cooked al dente bowtie pasta
- 1/2 medium diced small red onion
Place chicken pieces in a large mixing bowl and add peppers and onion. Cook pasta as directed on package and drain. Pour drained warm pasta over the chicken mixture and set aside. In small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, Italian seasoning and olive oil. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Salad can be served alone or on a bed of crisp greens.
Notes from Paula’s Test Kitchen: We also tested this salad recipe by omitting the mayonnaise and sour cream and replacing it with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. It was a fantastic and lighter option. Both versions are a wonderful spring and summer meal.