Vanilla Bean Crêpes With Vanilla Mascarpone Filling
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 2 (8 oz) containers mascarpone cheese
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed and divided brown sugar
- 3 split lengthwise and divided vanilla beans
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- for garnish whipped cream
- for garnish raspberries
1. In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese and ¼ cup brown sugar. Scrape seeds from 2 vanilla beans into mascarpone mixture; beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. In the container of a blender, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Scrape seeds from remaining vanilla bean into egg mixture. Process until mixture is very smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Refrigerate batter for 1 hour.
3. Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Pour about ¼ cup batter into skillet, and quickly swirl to coat bottom of skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until edges start to crisp and brown. Loosen crêpe with a spatula, and carefully turn over; cook for 30 seconds longer. Repeat procedure with remaining batter, stacking crêpes on a plate. Cover with a damp paper towel until ready to assemble.
4. Spread about 3 tablespoons mascarpone filling over each crêpe. Fold each crêpe in half twice to form a wedge. Serve with whipped cream and raspberries, if desired.
Note: You can substitute 2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste, divided, for the 3 vanilla beans. Use 1½ tablespoons vanilla bean paste in mascarpone mixture and ½ tablespoon vanilla bean paste in crêpe batter.