By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 4 slices chopped bacon
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 ribs chopped celery
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 medium diced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked chunks turkey
- 1 can drained and rinsed cannellini beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups or turkey stock chicken stock
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- 4 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated, and more for serving Parmesan cheese
- to taste salt and pepper
In a large pot, cook bacon over med/high heat until crisp. Drain all fat but 1 tablespoon.
Add onion, celery, garlic and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Add tomato paste and mix well.
Add turkey, beans, bay leaf and stock. Bring to boil.
Add pasta and cook 9-10 minutes until al dente.
Stir in spinach and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve sprinkled with more parmesan cheese if desired.