Turkey and Black Bean Ziti
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked white and dark meat, large shreds turkey
- 1 cup or turkey stock chicken stock
- 1 can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 lb uncooked ziti pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
In a large skillet over med/high heat, add oil, onion and garlic. Sauté until lightly golden.
Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and tomato paste. Mix well and cook about 2 minutes.
Add turkey and stock. Bring to simmer. Cook 3-5 minutes until a little thickened.
Add beans and lime juice. Season as desired with salt and pepper.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the ziti al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain.
Toss the pasta into the skillet with the sauce and stir in the chopped cilantro.