Touchdown Crockpot Cheese Dip
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 3 (8 oz) packages room temperature, cubed cream cheese
- 2 (15 oz) cans good quality meat chili
- 1 (10 oz) can drained diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups shredded sharp pepper Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- for frying peanut oil
- 10 (5 inch) cut into 6 triangles (each) corn tortillas
- to taste salt
Add the cream cheese, chili, tomatoes and chilies, chili powder and pepper Jack cheese to a slow cooker set on low heat. Cover with lid and cook for 1 hour, or until cheese is melted and gooey.
Preheat fryer to 350 °F. Fry tortilla triangles until crispy and golden, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from oil and sprinkle with salt.