Tomatoes Stuffed With Chicken Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 6 large tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup drained corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- or spinach leaves green leaf lettuce
Cut 1/2 inch off top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp from tomatoes. Turn tomatoes upside down on paper towels to drain.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, bell pepper, corn and onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and next 6 ingredients. Pour over chicken, tossing gently to coat.
Line tomatoes with leaf lettuce or spinach leaves. Spoon chicken salad evenly in the tomatoes. Refrigerate or serve immediately.