Tomato Pie Dip
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Servings: 4 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) packages shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes (about 3 medium tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup Chopped fresh basil
- Toasted baguette slices, to serve
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil, ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat mozzarella, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic salt with a mixer at medium speed until well combined; stir in tomatoes and basil. Spread mixture into prepared skillet.
Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes; serve warm with toasted bread. Garnish with basil and pepper, if desired.