Sweet Potato Praline Crunch Pie
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 3/4 cups mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup packed plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons optional bourbon
- 1 3/4 teaspoons plus 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- optional fresh whipped cream
Preheat oven to 375 °F Bake piecrust according to package directions, usually about 10 minutes.
While the piecrust is in the oven, whisk together the sweet potato, 1 cup brown sugar, sour cream, melted butter, eggs, bourbon (if using), 1 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger and salt. Pour the filling into the piecrust.
To make the topping: In a small bowl, stir together the pecans, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over the surface of the pie. Bake until the filling is set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool before slicing serving up.
Serve with fresh whipped cream.