Summer Vegetable Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 3 peeled and cut into 2" long sticks carrots
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup pits removed black olives
- 1 thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside. Place a steaming basket inside a large saucepan with 1″ of water and bring to a low boil. Add green beans and carrot sticks to steaming basket. Cover and cook until beans and carrots are cooked through but still have a slight crunch. Remove from steaming basket and immediately immerse in the ice water bath until cool. Remove from water and pat dry.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients. Add green beans, carrots, onions, black olives, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.