Steak and Ale
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 4 sliced to 1/2-inch sirloins steaks
- 1 medium diced yellow onion
- 4 oz sliced button mushrooms
- 1 pint English pale ale beer
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick plus more for steak butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
Season steaks on both sides with salt, pepper and butter. Put onto a hot grill and brown on both sides.
In a Dutch oven or cast iron fry pan, add 1/2 stick of butter, onions, mushrooms and salt. Place lid on top and allow them to sweat.
Add beer and place steaks in pan. Allow to stew until tender.
Combine the thyme, parsley, nutmeg, remaining butter and flour together. Use this to thicken the sauce so as to be able to coat the back of a spoon.