Spicy Pumpkin Seeds Italian-Style
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2/3 cup from one small pumpkin, rinsed, with pulp removed. (Note: After rinsing, place on a baking sheet to dry before using in recipe.) pumpkin seeds
- 4 large finely minced fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 250 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until the seeds are well coated. Spread as a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally, until the seeds are nicely browned. Remove from the oven and let cool on the sheet. May be served warm or room temperature.
To store, let cool completely and keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.