Spiced Mocha Steak Rub
By Deen BrothersJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 2-pound boneless sirloin steak
Combine the brown sugar, chipotle chili powder, espresso powder, oil, salt, and cocoa powder in a small bowl until blended. Rub the spice mixture on both sides of the steak.
Spray a grill rack with nonstick spray and preheat the grill to medium-high. Add the steak to the grill to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steak to a cutting board. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.