Hot Buttered Rum Mugcakes
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 20
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon divided ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons divided cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon divided ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup melted vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup I prefer to use a dark or spiced rum, but any rum you have on hand would work. rum
- 1 teaspoon divided vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
For the Mugcakes:
Preheat oven to 350º.
Cream the butter and sugar.
Mix in the eggs.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cloves, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
Stir in the vanilla ice cream, rum, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla vanilla extract.
Fill mugs with batter to about 1/3 full.
Baking time will vary depending on the depth and thickness of your mugs. Begin checking on them at around thirty minutes. They should bounce back when touched lightly and a toothpick inserted into them should come out dry.
For the Spiced Whipped Cream Frosting:
Whip heavy whipping cream until it’ÂÂs light and fluffy.
Mix in powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cloves and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until just combined.