By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- mayonnaise, to taste, optional
- mustard, to taste, optional
- coleslaw (recipe below)
- 1 head cabbage, grated, reserving some to coarsely slice for added texture
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Paula Deen Silly Salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- grated onion, to taste
Boil hot dogs until warmed through or, if preferred, cook them on the grill.
Spread butter on sides of hot dog buns and toast each on all sides in a skillet on the stove until warm & toasty.
Add hot dogs to buns and top with coleslaw and other condiments of your choice.
Mix cabbage, onion and carrot in a large bowl.
Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir. Let the sauce sit for 5 minutes before mixing into the slaw. Taste and correct seasonings, as needed.