Skillet Chicken With Rhubarb and Onions
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounded to 1/4-inch thickness boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb cut into 1-inch pieces rhubarb
- 1 small halved and thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped, plus leave for garnish fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove minced garlic
- cooked and hot, for serving rice
Combine the flour, Creole seasoning and salt in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet; set aside, and keep warm. Add the rhubarb and onions to the skillet, and saute until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the wine, parsley, thyme and garlic, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Return the chicken to the skillet, and cook until heated through, for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with fresh parsley leaves, if desired.