Shrimp Creole Tarts
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons divided minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon melted, plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 3-ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1 lb peeled, deveined, and cooked medium shrimp
- 4 1.9 oz thawed packages frozen mini phyllo cups
For the topping: In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning, and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
For the tarts: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, celery, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the cream, 1 tablespoon parsley, and 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Add the cream cheese, whisking until melted. Add the shrimp to the cream cheese mixture. Remove from the heat. Place the phyllo cups on baking sheets. Fill the cups evenly with the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle the topping over the shrimp tarts. Bake until lightly browned, 15 minutes. Serve warm.