Shrimp and Pea Risotto
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons divided butter
- 1 minced shallot
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 1/2 cups warm chicken broth
- 1 lb medium peeled and deveined fresh shrimp
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes or until just tender. Add rice, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Add wine, and cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed. Add warm chicken broth, 3/4 cup at a time, allowing liquid to be absorbed after each addition, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and peas; cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink and firm.
2. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Serve immediately.