Seared Scallops with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 cup drained diced canned pineapple
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 juiced lime
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/4 teaspoon plus more for seasoning kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
In a bowl, combine the cucumber, pineapple, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, lime zest, jalapeño, salt and hot sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
Rinse the scallops and pat them dry. Season them with salt and pepper, to taste.
Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the scallops, without moving them in the pan until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Arrange on serving plates and serve with a generous topping of salsa.