Seared Mahi Mahi With Zesty Basil Butter
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large clove finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon plus additional for seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon plus additional for seasoning black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 to 8 oz) fillets mahi mahi
Zesty Basil Butter:
Combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring until the butter melts. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the fish for 3 minutes; then turn and cook until just opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer the fillets to individual plates.
Spoon the warm basil butter over the fish and serve.