By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 dozen crumbled macaroons
- 1/2 cup or rum bourbon
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 separated* eggs
- 2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 dozen double separated in 1/2 ladyfingers
- 3/4 cup whipped with 3 tablespoons sugar until stiff heavy cream
Soak crumbled macaroons in bourbon or rum. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in 6 lightly beaten egg yolks. Add the melted chocolate, vanilla, nuts, and soaked macaroons. In a separate clean mixing bowl, beat the 6 egg whites until stiff and then fold into chocolate mixture.
Grease a springform pan and then line it with separated ladyfingers. Alternate layers of the chocolate mixture with the remaining ladyfingers. Chill overnight. Remove from pan and decorate with whipped cream.