Poppy Seed Pinwheels
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1 slightly beaten (or egg substitute equivalent) egg
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 (8 oz) package softened (or fat-free) light cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, parsley, chives, and garlic powder and set aside. On a floured surface, unroll the crescent rolls into rectangles and combine to make one long rectangle. Spread on cream cheese mixture and roll up like a pinwheel, staring at the long side. Seal edges.
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place roll onto cookie sheet and brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Score 1/2 inches along the roll (not all the way through). Pull apart so that your scoring will not completely seal back up during baking. Bake at 375 °F until golden brown.