Pineapple and Peach Casserole
By Deen Brothers
- Servings: 8
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1 20-ounce can peach halves in light syrup
- 1 cup rich butter cracker crumbs
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the pineapple chunks and peaches; stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole.
In medium bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup melted butter, reserved pineapple juice, and the cracker crumbs, stirring with a rubber scraper until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.