By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 head broken into bite-size florets cauliflower
- 2 cut into strips red bell peppers
- 2 cut lengthwise into quarters and seeded (or leave seeds for spicier pickles) jalapeños
In a stockpot over medium-high heat, bring vinegar, water, sugar, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Add vegetables and reduce heat to a simmer.
Cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until serving (keeps about 2 weeks).
Drain before serving.