Paula’s NY Cheesecake
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups divided sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 7 tablespoons melted for crust butter
- 12 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon divided vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 (1 oz) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- for serving cherries
- or powdered sugar, for serving whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
In a medium size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and 7 tablespoons melted butter. Mix well and place in the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform cake pan. Make sure to press against the sides and bottom of the pan. Place into oven and bake for 8 minutes. Let cool.
Prepare the filling by beating cream cheese. Mix in 1 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla while beating until well blended. Add in eggs and vanilla and combine. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, top with chocolate glaze, cherries, whipped cream and or powdered sugar.
In a medium saucepan melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-low heat. Add chocolate to the butter. Whisk in 3/4 cup sugar, whipping cream, cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Whisk until combined. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes while whisking constantly.