Oven-Fried Pimiento Cheese Poppers
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 1½ cups prepared pimento cheese
- 1 (8-ounce package mini sweet peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 6 jalapeños, halved lengthwise and seeded
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon pimiento cheese in each pepper half.
In a separate shallow dishes, place flour, half-and-half, and bread crumbs. Dredge each pepper half in flour; dip in half-and-half, letting excess drip off, and dredge in bread crumbs. Place on prepared pan, cheese side up.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and let cool slightly before serving.