Outrageous Caramel Apples
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans or pecans sweet and salty glazed and roasted almond pieces
- 5 stems removed Granny Smith apples
- 1 (14 oz) package unwrapped individually wrapped caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 5 wood craft sticks
Line a baking tray with wax paper and set aside. Pour nuts into a medium mixing bowl and set aside. Place a craft stick into the top of each apple.
In a microwave safe bowl, heat caramels and milk for 4 minutes. Stir and heat again for 1 minute. Allow to cool slightly. Roll each apple in the caramel sauce until well coated. Dip end of each apple in nuts and place on wax lined tray. Allow to cool completely.
While apples are cooling. Place semi sweet chocolate chips in a zip lock bag and microwave until melted. Place white chocolate chips in a zip lock bag and microwave until melted. Snip the ends off each bag and drizzle apples with each chocolate. Refrigerate until set.