Orange Walnut Salad with Sweet-and-Sour Dressing
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 3 small heads cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces Bibb lettuce
- 1 1/2 lbs cleaned and torn into bite-size pieces fresh spinach
- 3 peeled, sectioned, and seeded oranges
- 3/4 medium sliced and separated into rings red onion
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated onion
In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, spinach, oranges, and onion.
Using a saucepan, sauté the walnuts in butter until lightly browned and add to the lettuce mixture.
To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a jar, shake well and chill in refrigerator. Shake before serving. Pour on top of salad and serve.