Old-Fashioned Soda Baked Apples
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick softened butter
- 6 large honey crisp or gala, cored apples
- 1 (12 oz) can cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- optional, for serving vanilla ice cream
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Lightly spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, raisins, cinnamon and butter, and mix until combined. Spoon the sugar mixture into the center of each apple.
Place the apples in the prepared baking dish. Pour the cola over the apples. Bake, uncovered, until the apples are tender, about 1 hour. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.