Maple-Glazed Pork Chops
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 4 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- pecans, toasted and chopped for garnish, optional
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 (10-oz) center cut bone-in pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder and salt and sprinkle evenly over both sides of the pork chops.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook until desired doneness, about for 4 to 6 minutes.
In a small skillet, over medium-high heat, add the balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced by half. Stir in the maple syrup and chicken stock. Cook over medium heat until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the maple syrup. Garnish with toasted pecans, if desired.