Loaded Barbecue Baked Potatoes
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 (16-ounce) container pulled pork, heated according to package directions
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- barbecue sauce, to serve
- fresh cilantro, to serve
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Rub potatoes with oil; sprinkle with salt. Place potatoes on prepared pan.
Bake until very tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Cut a lengthwise slit down center of each potato, making sure not to cut all the way through. Carefully squeeze sides to open each potato. Using a fork, fluff each potato. Top potatoes with pork, cheese, avocado, sour cream, red onion, and jalapeño. Drizzle with barbecue sauce, and sprinkle with cilantro.