Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons divided vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons divided soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 lb medium peeled, deveined, and chopped fresh shrimp
- 1/2 diced red bell pepper
- 2 diced green onions
- 1 (5 oz) can drained and chopped water chestnuts
- 1 head cored, cut in 1/2 iceberg lettuce
In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Add shrimp and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, green onions, and water chestnuts; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add shrimp and marinade and cook 3 minutes, or until shrimp are pink. Stir in 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
Divide lettuce into leaves. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture down center of 1 lettuce leaf. Fold bottom edge and sides up and over filling. Repeat with remaining lettuce leaves and shrimp filling.